Honda formally announced details about the upcoming 2012 Honda Pilot SUV at the end of July. Only a bit of information was shared but it was enough to keep us interested.
Drivers who thought the 2011 Honda Pilot was too sharp-looking will be excited to learn that the new model provides a softer, more-understated presence. Even Piedmont Honda, who loved the looks of the 2011 Pilot, think this year's renovations are praiseworthy.
The most significant improvement to the Pilot is the impressive fuel economy. Honda says that the 2012 Pilot will be more fuel efficient than the 2011 Pilot and all other SUVs offering 3 row seating for up to 8 people, including the Toyota Highlander and Ford Explorer.
So far those are the only details Honda has revealed. We anticipate that the company will release more details surrounding the new 2012 Honda Pilot (coming to showrooms this Fall) in the near future. Piedmont Honda, located at 4011 Clemson Blvd. Anderson, South Carolina 29621, encourages you to stay tuned to find out more information about the improvements Honda is planning to make. In the mean time, feel free to stop in and check out the 2011 Honda Pilot. At-a-glance details follow.
2011 Honda Pilot At a Glance- Advanced 250-horsepower (hp), 3.5-liter, i-VTEC Engine with Variable Cylinder Management and Variable Torque Management
- 250 Horsepower (hp)
- 253 Lb.-ft. of torque
- Acoustic windshield for a quieter ride
- Four-wheel independent suspension for a smooth ride and on-a-dime handling
- Standard 17-inch wheels
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control System with Air Filtration (EX model and higher)- 87 Cubic-feet of cargo space
- Power tailgate
- Lift-up glass hatch
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition (available in Honda Pilot EX-L and Touring models)
- Vehicle Stability Assist
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Three-row side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- MSRP starting at $28,320